Kanban Management Professional(KMP)
An Evolutionary Approach For Organizational Change
Kanban Management Professional is a highly interactive two-day course accredited by the Lean-Kanban University (LKU) teaches advanced principles of the Kanban Method. It is for people who have already mastered the Kanban basics and want to leverage up learning from the Foundation 1 class.
The Kanban method is an evolutionary approach to change and change management by starting with what you already do; respecting current roles; responsibilities and job titles; encouraging acts of leadership at all levels, and agreeing to pursue incremental, evolutionary change that evolves business processes using a Kaizen approach that reduces the risks associated with complex change programmes.
What Will You Learn?
Based on the trainer’s practical experience, participants will learn how to:
- Design techniques for single and multiple Kanban systems.
- Understanding and managing work-in-progress (WIP) at scale.
- Introducing risk management practices into Kanban systems.
- Implementing effective feedback loops.
- Concepts of Forecasting.
- Risk Management and Cost of Delay etc.
What Will You Receive?
- Kanban Management Professional from LKU.
- Two days of high quality instruction from practitioner who has 13+ years experience in software development.
- Course materials.
- Membership of the Lean-Kanban University (LKU).
- Lean-Kanban University (LKU) certificate of course completion.
- 16 Scrum Education Units (SEU’s) can be claimed for this course and used as part of your Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Professional application.
- How to use "cadence" in the workflow management.
- Driving Evolutionary Change explained through a case study.
- Commitment and Replenishment
- Delivery Planning
- Feedback loops to improve service delivery
- Daily "Standup",
- Service Delivery Review
- Operation review
- Risk Review
- Strategy Review
- Large Project Planning
- Change Management
- Understanding scheduling
- How to use "measurability" (key performance indicators) in Kanban and for service improvement.
- Scaling Kanban
Exam and Certification
There will be an online assessment by the Trainer after the workshop and the certificate will be issued by Lean Kanban University(LKU).
Who is This Course Suitable For?
This course is useful for anyone who already are practicing Kanban in their work environment and are looking for further improvements for their system(s). In terms of roles, the course is suitable for
- Kanban practitioners
- Project and Program managers
- Line and middle managers
- Management from inside and outside IT
- Coaches and Trainers
- Process improvement coaches
- Business analysts.
What are The Pre-Requisites?
- Attendees are expected to have completed a Foundation I class.
- Have read the Kanban blue book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.