Certified Scrum Master® (CSM)
5 Reasons why should you choose PlayScrum CSM workshop?
1. You just don't buy CSM, you buy a whole lot of life long learning to be a Great Scrum Master.
Our goal is to help you become a great Scrum Master. Our agenda is very much Scrum Master role centric and designed to help you start as Scrum Master from day one. After the workshop, we will put you through a 15 real life case studies to help you be ready for the interviews anytime. In order to help you continue the learning journey as you practice, our workshop comes with 7+ hours of FREE webinars every month and 40 hours of FREE coaching.
2. We believe in Scrum and we PlayScrum. Our workshops are experiential.
The workshop itself will be run using Scrum in 4 Sprints with ZERO power point slides. We will learn together about Scrum from each other. Expect to have lots of fun while you learn as the workshop is loaded with content as below:
Scrum on The Wall: Satisha's unique way of presenting Scrum Framework on the Wall with Charts will help you visualize Scrum all the time during the 2 days and ever after. You will be working with others as part of a Scrum Team working on a Project. So you will learn how to get started as a ScrumMaster and develop valuable products using Scrum.
Learn to Measure Progress: As the workshop is run using Scrum, you will get an opportunity to inspect the progress and adapt the plan with real artifacts.
3. Learn from a Practitioner not a Trainer in an experiential workshop.
Our trainers are not just trainers but, practitioners as well. They work 5 days a week as Scrum Masters. They are also Certified Coaches and thus understand what it means to coach people.
4. Live and breath Agile Values with PlayScrum Flash Cards.
You get a free pack of PlayScrum Flash Cards. The PlayScrum cards include:
- A Set of Planning Poker Cards for estimation.
- Quick Reference cards for Scrum Roles.
- Quick checklist of things to do in Scrum Ceremonies.
- Agile Values and Principles Card.
5. Learn on the Go with our PlayScrum app.
We are human beings and we tend to forget things. We have designed PlayScrum App to help ScrumMasters to stay focused on helping their team focused on the goal. Download the App NOW!
Certified Scrum Master® (CSM) Course Benefits
After Completing This Workshop, You Will Know :
- Why do Organizations need ScrumMasters?
- What are the skills a ScrumMaster should have?
- How to help Organizations design a process that helps them build right products?
- How to facilitate Organizational change?
- How to help Product Owner to convert vision into incremental pieces of delivery?
- How to help Development teams address the issues that affect their effectiveness?
On Successful Completion Of The Course, You’Ll Receive :
- Qualification for ScrumMaster Certification (passing the exam is a required follow-on step for certification). You will be able to take the test immediately after the workshop and the fee is covered in the course fee.
- Scrum Alliance membership for 2 years.
- ScrumMaster's PlayBook.
- A deck of PlayScrum cards.
- 16 SEUs for Certified Scrum Professional.
- 16 PDUs towards any PMI credential.
Why do we need Scrum and ScrumMaster?
The goal of this Sprint is to understand why do Organizations need Scrum and why do they hire ScrumMaster.
- What is mental model?
- How are they formed?
- How do mental models change?
- Why is it important for ScrumMaster to understand Mental Models?
- What is Cost of Delay and Cost of Production?
- What are the factors that cause CoD and CoP?
- How do CoD and CoP impact ROI of Organization?
- How Scrum helps in improving ROI by reducing CoD and CoP?
Agile & Empirical Process
- What is Agile and Empirical Process?
- Why are the various ways to be Agile?
- How to decide what process is good for my product?
How to introduce Scrum in an Organization?
The goal of this Sprint is explore ScrumMaster’s role in helping Organization adopt Scrum.
ScrumMaster as a Systems Thinker
- What is a System and why Organizations are a System?
- What is a Systems Thinking?
- Why is it important for ScrumMaster?
- How to develop Systems Thinking?
ScrumMaster as a Change Agent
- How to create a shared need for change?
- Explore the underlying reasons behind Organizations adopting Scrum and how to measure progress?
- How to identify various stakeholders required to support adoption?
- How to identify what are the structural/policy/process changes required to adopt Scrum?
- What are the different techniques to facilitate change?
ScrumMaster as a Facilitator
- What is facilitation – Basic vs Developmental facilitation?
- Different facilitation techniques – Advocacy vs Inquiry.
- What are the different focus areas of ScrumMaster?
- How ScrumMaster’s role changes over a period of time?
Coaching Product Owner to build Product in increments
The goal of this Sprint is to explore ScrumMasters role in coaching Product Owner to deliver Product in increments. In the process participants will understand everything to be done to get started with first Sprint.
Forming Scrum Team
- What are the responsibilities of Scrum roles?
- What are the skills required to play Scrum roles?
- How to transform your teams into Scrum teams?
- What are the practical difficulties in forming Scrum teams and how to overcome them – Distribution and Scaling?
- Identify a product to work on.
- Identify roles.
- Understand Product vision.
Building Product Backlog
- What is vertical spilt vs horizontal spilt?
- What are the various techniques to Split Product Backlog Items(PBIs)?
- What is ScrumMaster’s role in teaching PO about splitting techniques and building Product Backlog?
- Practice splitting techniques on class project.
- Why is it not possible to fix things upfront for complex projects?
- What is Technical Debt and how fixing things upfront and focusing on estimation causes Technical Debt?
- How to overcome Technical Debt?
- Why is it good to focus on value delivery instead of fixing the estimation problem?
- What is MVP?
- How ScrumMaster can help PO identify MVP?
- Apply Story Mapping on class project to identify MVP.
Coaching teams to become learning teams.
The goal of this Sprint is to explore ScrumMasters role in coaching Development Team to become learning teams. The participants run couple of Sprints on the class project to understand Scrum end to end.
Sizing Product Backlog
- What is a Release?
- What is relative estimation and #NoEstimates?
- How do we forecast a release date?
- Why release plan is not cast in stone and release planning should be iterative?
Refining Product Backlog
- What is Backlog Refinement?
- What are the helpful practices for Backlog Refinement?
- Refine the Product Backlog of the Class Project.
- Run couple of Sprints for the class project.
- Simulate and discuss issues that team may face during Sprint and learn how ScrumMaster can help the team.